Find Your Wings
How do we build self confidence when it is the one thing we are lacking?
It is amazing to me how many beautiful, talented and respectable women (and men) suffer with the ailment of low self esteem, image and confidence. It plagues all of us at some point in time, despite our best efforts. How quickly you regain you true self is a different matter. So the questions are:
- How do we get it?
- How to we hold on to it?
- How do we regain it once it's lost?
What I am about to share with you will blow your mind, be a bit overwhelming, possibly relieving all at the same time.
YOU are the answer to all three of the above questions. YOU alone hold the key.
Easier said than done? Not really...
If you were blessed enough to have a great support system - primarily in your parents - this served as your first vehicle in instilling self confidence. Many parents believe wholeheartedly that their children can accomplish anything that they set their mind to in life. Yet for some, being able to "maintain average" as an approach is acceptable. No push for greatness.
YOU ARE NOT AVERAGE. YOU ARE EXCEPTIONAL.
YOU, my dear, were born for greatness.
Do you believe that?
Whether is is a belief in your heart, or in a higher power's plan, this serves as a rock when times get tough. And they will. For a purpose.
- Not getting the call back from the interview when you know you are qualified.
- A business venture that doesn't deliver the way you intended.
- A relationship that ends with regret and sadness.
When doors close on you, think for a moment...perhaps I am meant for something else, something more. You are meant to take the other path in the road, leading you to better things. There are lessons to learn, people to meet, situations to be exposed to.
Now, how to hold on to that once you have it? This is something to never take for granted. NEVER. Like bathing, investment in yourself is best done daily. Affirmations, a quiet moment in front of the mirror finding pleasure and beauty in what is looking back at you, a journal entry or a pause to reflect with gratitude all the gifts you have been given are tools you possess to hold on to and invest in your self confidence. Do it daily.
Despite your best efforts, you may find yourself at a loss. That's normal. Just dust yourself off and get back to it...living life that is.
How do we get it back? How do we believe in ourselves again?
Take care of you.
- Look at what you've already achieved. Have a sort of achievement file where you put all awards, successes, e-mails and notes. Refer to this file when preparing for your review, need a boost or simply a re-center to what you are capable of.
- Create a vision board. We all have dreams. What are they. Clip out pictures or arrange them on your computer. But the key is this - DREAM BIG and POST this where you can see it DAILY. A visual of what you want is a constant reminder of what you are working towards. And you can have what you desire..with effort.
- Surround yourself with confident people who believe in you. Find 5. Studies show that successful people have 5 in their "circle" that serve different roles. Some may have a person that serves more than one role, but make sure that all five roles are being met by the people in your tribe.
4. Read. Fill your noggin with empowerment and positivity. The series of books by Rhonda Byrne are a great place to start.
5. Pamper yourself. Give yourself a spa day with a homemade body scrub or mask. Dim the lights a listen to your favorite tunes. Light a candle. Do anything that makes you feel like the queen (or king) that you are.
Because you see, you were born to fly. Spread your wings and SOAR.
The world is your oyster...go live it, beautifully, and find the pearls!